Monday, June 30, 2008

So How much is too much?....

So here is the question of the day.....

Our little 1 1/2 year old puppy has a heart problem and a kidney problem and is going in today for an echocardiogram and an abdominal ultrasound (do you do those things on animals?!). She has a heart murmur and the vet is worried that she may have torn her artery. The blood tests also came back with results that indicate she has some kidney disorder as well. Lovely. No wonder she is so skinny. She has lost 6 pounds in the last month and she looks terrible. So, the question is....How much is too much money to spend on an animal? or do you not worry about cost? It could only come at a worse possible time. It seems so rude not to try to help her. I have never been so attached to an animal before her and it is hard! I had to take her to the vet on Friday and leave her so she could be watched and I felt like I was leaving my child! It was horrible!! I guess at the end of today we will know what she needs to have done, if anything at all...I hate that I am so attached to this poor thing. She is so stinking cute.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Ok, Jaxon(seans dog) had a ruptured disk in his back that was thousands to fix. Deep down it hurts bad to pay that kind of money but Sean was SO sad. After his surgery and therapy it was TOTALLY worth it. Animals become part of the family for sure...but I dont have a baby coming very soon either. Tough situation! Good luck.

Melissa said...

Oh gosh!! I am not an animal lover and when I think about all the money people spend on their pets I just have to laugh! But then I think about how happy Ryker gets when he sees a dog and how much he loves my in-laws dog, I can see why people do it! What do ya do??!!