Tuesday, September 14, 2010

So...I'm a little behind!

Holy cow!! August seemed so busy and now September is almost over! I can't believe it! We have had such a fun summer and I am sad to see that it is starting to finally cool off. I'm a little excited however that it won't be so hot, I love Fall, I just wished that it would last a little longer! It seems to go to fast and before you know it, it's Christmas!

Here is what we have been up to this last month....

On September 9, we headed over to Classic Skating for one of Jake's friends birthdays. I was a little skeptical about what Avery would think, but she seriously LOVED it. I think she felt like a big kid! We stayed and let the kids play in the bouncey place and we stayed until it closed! We had a lot of fun, and despite the fact that we were the oldest ones in the whole place and a little bloody nose, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! Avery didn't want to leave! We even want to take her back!! (I know, Classic...yes, it is still ghetto and is still the same old! But it was still fun!!)
Tay didn't really love the skating part!


For Labor Day weekend, we loaded up Jake's parents trailer and headed down to Big John's flat, down in Beaver Canyon. We went a few days earlier than everyone else because we had to drive up to Malad, Id for Jake's family reunion that Saturday. We got down there and my uncle Craig had everything set up. My uncle and his family had four horses there and Avery LOVES horses. We have a farmer down the street that has horses and bulls and we have to slow down and see them every time we drive by! (mind you, we HAVE to pass them to get anywhere!) Anyway, I knew she would be excited to see the horses, but I wasn't sure if she would actually get on one. It took a little coaxing and a little warming up, but she couldn't get out of the trailer fast enough each morning to ride the horses! She absolutely loved it and wanted it to always be her "turn"! It was nice because Jake and Avery were able to ride the horses a lot before everyone else came down. Jake and my uncle went on a three hour ride and Jake loved it! Who knew he was so into horses!! We had a great time eating junk and camping in the dirt. Thank heavens it wasn't too cold! That Saturday, we headed up to Idaho to meet up with Jake's family. They had a swing set up and Avery laughed so hard as Josh pushed her! She is nothing short of a personality! We did their reunion thing and slept down at their house. I needed a shower and a bed! Four days of camping felt like a lot! We got home late Sunday night and felt like we had run a marathon!

Jake teaching my child to sword fight! Lovely.Avery LOVES to help her dad! The furnace wasn't working, so he was trying to figure out what was going on.



We decided to try and see how Avery would do in a "big girl" bed. Needless to say, it only lasted one and a half nights! I don't think "we" were ready for her to be out of her cage! It is now a crib and will be until she can climb out of it!!


On the 20th of August, a couple of my friends in my ward took all the kids down to Thanksgiving Point to play in the water. Avery cracks me up. She is constantly dancing. I mean constantly. She, I think was doing some sort of leg lift in the water! She does this when there is slow music on as well! I swear this kid has music running throuh her head constantly! We let them play in the water and then headed off to the maze and the other fun things to see. Avery doesn't do well when she doesn't have a nap and decided that this day she would throw a tantrum. She doesn't do it all the time, in fact when we are places she is normally pretty good. I don't know if the sun was just getting to her or what, but I don't know that we will be invited again! It was that bad!! :)

Karminday and Avery splashing around!

I have also been trying to get my craft on! I enjoy sewing, I'm new at it, but here is my latest creation.


On August 13th, we met up with the Becker's to go and hang out at Wheeler Farm. We love Wheeler Farm! Avery loves all the animals!


On August 10th, we went to celebrate one of our friend's 3rd Birthday at the Zoo! They both, obviously LOVED the bird show! I absolutely LOVE this picture! It was so fun to go and be with my friends...it's been way too long! I hope that Brooklyn had an awesome birthday! We had a great time! Thanks for inviting us to share a fun day with you!

1 comment:

Shantelle said...

Wow looks like you guys have been busy! Avery is still the cutest little girl! I can't believe how big our girls are getting. Crazy!