Sunday, October 23, 2016

The house I lived at until I was 10




I had to run a few errands the other day and I drove past where I lived until I was about 10. It was a small house but to me it felt huge!! I remember my mom and dad taking great care of yard and making sure everything looked good. We didn't have much money but they took care of what they did have. I drove by and looked at how sad it looked. It's an old house now, needs some new paint, but the picture in my head doesn't look like this. The grass was always green and the tulips were always in bloom. If there is one thing my parents taught me, was that you don't need a ton of money to make things look nice. You take care of what you do have. You don't have to have piles of junk in your front yard, or garbage laying around. You take pride in yourself. I hope that I can teach my kids that same lesson. We aren't strapped for money, but I hope they will learn the lesson of taking care of what you do have, and that you don't need money to be happy. I had an awesome childhood and loved that house and all the memories that came with it. 

No comments: