“No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you, with an infinite love.”
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Life is so precious...
Yesterday was quite the day at work. The first phone call I recieved was from a mom calling to tell us that her child had passed away earlier in the morning. I hate those phone calls. What a tough call to make, and what do you say to this poor mom? These poor little kids are so sick, but so cute. I can't even imagine what these parents go through every day. Every day they face something new or something that we, the healthy ones, take for granted. A simple cold for us could be fatal for these cute little bald kids....but my day didn't end there. I work in the Bone Marrow Transplant part of oncology and one of our patients who were very hopeful of the future, found out that the future was not so hopeful anymore. A test came back that gave them the information that the transplant wouldn't help. I honestly cannot even put myself in that poor mom's situation. Life really is so precious and working around families that have these struggles every day, sure does make you appreciate what you do have, health included. Anyway, working up here has been quite the eye opener and makes you grateful for what you have. Life really is so precious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for this reminder of how blessed we are. I know I take for granted our healthy family and I need to be more grateful. I couldn't imagine going through the hardships those patients and families face. Thanks again for sharing your experiences.
Post a Comment