Monday, May 19, 2008

I think I am hormonal.....or something!

So, lately I feel like I am so ornery. I hit my third trimester and it seems like I went from feeling really good and feeling really happy to all of the sudden feeling like life sucks! What is up with that! I hate to complain, but man, I don't love being pregnant any more! I hope that I am not the only one that feels that way. I found out I either have a kidney stone or a pinched nerve and there is nothing they will or can do about it and he says that it will probably get worse. I don't think I can handle worse!! They gave me lortab but told me that my baby will be addicted to it,....so take it sparingly. Lovely! She is starting out on the right foot, addicted to drugs! But even the lortab doesn't help. I am so uncomfortable it is driving me nuts. I think the whole part about not sleeping makes things worse. I'm tired, and when I'm tired I am very irrational. The only position that makes the pain go away is standing. How do you sleep standing???...just wondering.

Man, I feel like my moodiness is horrible. I can change moods like that (and it usually goes from good to really bad, really fast!!) And the tears don't stop either. Oh dear...I still have 10 weeks and who's to say I won't get postpartum...lovely. I really enjoyed the second trimester, in fact I felt weird saying I loved it. ...I don't love it anymore. Pregnancy isn't my most favorite thing. I always heard that some people LOVE being pregnant. I don't think I am that person. Maybe my attitude will change once I have succeeded the race and I can hold the prize. Dang, I don't know why I am writing this because I hate it when people are such complainers and here I am complaining!! Sorry. I think I need to get some sleep...maybe tonight....ya right. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day. I think today has just been one of those days.

7 comments:

Shantelle said...

Sorry to hear things aren't going the best right now. I wish I had some miracle advice...but I don't. Hopefully the kidney stone/nerve thing will get better sooner rather than later. Good luck with it and I hope you are having a better day!

Becky Johnson said...

ok, so you aren't making me very excited to ever get pregnant. haha. When are you having your shower? I am almost done with your blanket! I am SO excited to give it to you!!

RyanandHailee said...

Ohhhhh, I am sorry, things aren't exactly the greatest for you. Hang in there because it is so.... worth it and you will look back and forget how it felt to be prego.. I promise! I really can't say I know how you feel, except the sleeping part ha- but hang in there I am sure it will get better.

Ps. I am so glad you found us.. Its been forever it seems like but I can't wait to see you this weekend!

Natalie said...

I didn't know you had a blog, so this was fun to find. I rather enjoyed your post of venting. I hope this 3rd trimester passes swiftly because you definately sound miserable. Just remember Annalee, it'll all be worth it when you hold that little angel in your arms and guess you'll forget how miserable you are now and yep, you'll be pregnant again.

Val said...

I just found your blog through Nat's. I didn't know you were expecting. Congrats!!! I am sorry you are having such a hard time. I hope that I have a good second trimester like you did. I am so sorry that you are having a hard time. I hope things get better for you. Were you sick very often in the beginning? It still hasn't gone away for me. Tell Jake "Hi"

Annie said...

Annalee, I am so glad to here that I am not the only one who hates being pregnant. I also had a pinched nerve and had painful sciatica. I had to take morphine and lortab for it because I couldnt even move. The end of my pregnancy was so aweful and I was so sick of being pregnant that I didnt even want to talk about the baby. I just wanted him out me! Just wanted to stop by and say...I know how you feel....it sucks!

Cartier Family said...

Annalee...congrats on being pregnant! I am so excited for you and that you are expecting a girl! I love having a daughter! It is so much fun to dress her. (Yes...I'm trying to distract you!) Congrats again!!!