Wednesday, June 11, 2008

7 weeks and 3 days to go!! Ü

So, an update on this pregnancy thing! I can't believe that I have only 7 more weeks to go. It is really going by fast. I have felt a little bit better lately, although, I did have a break down last weekend but I think I was tired because I didn't sleep at all the night before! There are definitely good and bad days. I'm so retarded!! Anyway, I am kind of done being pregnant but trying to have a good attitude about it. I was driving home the other night and I don't know what she was doing in there, but all I could do was to watch my stomach go nuts! I started laughing out loud!! It is the strangest feeling of having a little person in there swimmin' around. I can't wait to see her and hold her!! I am getting really excited. I can totally tell she is getting bigger, not only because I am huge, but because I can feel her and move her from under my ribs! She is still quite active and who would have thought that a 4 pound baby could cause so much damage to my ribs! They are pretty bruised or they feel that way anyway. She loves to just sit right under my ribs. I will try to move her and not seconds later she is right back in the same spot!! I know there is not much room in there, but do we really need to sit right on my ribs?!! I love that she is in me and that we have that bond, as uncomfortable as it is. I have been told by a few people that it is lonely once they are born. That makes me sad, but I love having her in me. I love that it is just me and her! My ankles are pretty swollen and I can't wear my wedding ring anymore, or I wouldn't be able to get it off!! I go into the doctor on Friday, so we'll see what he says about all of that. They just keep telling me drink tons of water, but it is kind of a double edge sword. I need to put a potty right next to my desk at work!! I'm always in there!!! Gotta love it!

So, despite all of the physical things that I am going through, there are still some other things that I am having anxiety about....mostly having my water break on TRAXX!! Hello!! would that not be the most embarassing thing ever!! Then what would I do?!? get off and...???? call 911 to take me to the hospital?!! I need to get a plan in order and start driving to work so I don't have to worry about that! Oh, I would be so embarrassed!! and the fact that Jake doesn't drive to work either!! That would be quite the story to tell her... you were almost born on public transportation! No, I know it won't go that fast...but....you never know. I could be that 1%!!! The other thing that gives me anxiety is LABOR! I have to keep telling myself that all these other people went through it, I can do it!! But it looks SO horribly painful!!! I would suggest not watching the Miracle of Life if you are planning on giving birth. Even thinking about it makes me crazy!!!and the epidural...okay, I have to stop there!! I do not want an epidural, that thing is HUGE! and then there is the anxiety of being a mom! Hello?! I don't know how to be a mom! What if I totally suck at it!!! I guess that is part of life and learning! OHHH, I am stressing myself out! I think that is enough for today!!! Ü Gotta love being a girl with anxiety!!!

I think I share too much!!!

7 comments:

Teej and Jenn said...

Annalee,
I think you are making yourself crazy. Having a child in your live will change everything, but for the better. And don't worry about being a good mom. I have seen you and Jake with Tay and you are going to make awesome parents. Jake just needs to get over his cleaness factor. j/k

Shantelle said...

I can't believe it is getting so close. Just think-our little girls are in heaven together just waiting to come down here. She is so blessed to have you as her mother. So just try and relax would ya?! You are stressing me out!!!

Becky Johnson said...

Oh you are so cute!! You are going to be such a GREAT mom! I am SO excited for you. Cant wait to see you next wednesday!

Becker Family said...

Just breathe! Everything will be ok... believe me, you'll want the epidural! You'll love having a new baby and we are so excited to have a new cousin! Hang in there! It's all worth it!
Beck

RyanandHailee said...

Okay you are killing me! Seriously stop worrying, everything will be fine, I know that it is your worst fear for your water to break somewhere very embarrasing, but hey it will all work out, I felt the same way and mine broke in the middle of the night in bed, so don't stress. You will be a great mom, it all just comes to you I Promise, and as far as the epidural, just don't look at at, I never even saw mine and let me tell you it did some serious wonders, I didn't feel a thing.. it is so great then you can enjoy the moment! It is the best experience in the whole world :) Hang in there, you'll Make it I promise!

Paul & Pam Ledesma Family said...

Hey Annalee, everyone has given you great advice! What more can I say? Try to stay calm so your baby won't get all those stress hormones. Okay, one more thing to worry about!!! You will be a great mom Annalee. I know it is scary, but it all works out. Things fall into place. I had tons of anxiety after my kids were born, so I know how you are feeling. Just take one day, and maybe one hour at a time and know this time of having a newborn doesn't last forever even though it seems like it. TRY and enjoy this time because it does go by fast. As for an epidural, while you are experiencing a labor pain, you will definitely WANT an epirdural. If you can survive your little girl beating up your ribs you can handle a professional giving you an epidural! It is WONDERFUL!! Hang in there Annalee, don't make yourself and Jake crazy. There is no sense in stressing about things that might not even happen. Just go with the flow, everything will be okay. REALLY!! All my love, you'll be O.K.!!

Melissa said...

You crack me up! You are the funniest little pregnant lady I know!! How is Jake dealing with all this? You need to have him write a post on his "pregnancy" experience!! Love ya girl!!