Saturday, January 23, 2010

Friends

So, January is a real downer of a month for me. I really hate it because I think I get seasonal depression. I hate that the sun doesn't shine and then I start feeling sorry for myself. Lame, I know. Anyway, the other day after teaching a couponing class for Jaymie's ward, I was talking to one of my friends in my ward about how, after almost being in my house for 6 six years I still feel new. I feel like I go to church and only have a select few friends and I really hate that. I am one that needs to have people around me. Anyway, after talking with my friend on our LONG drive up to Canada (Kaysville!!), we decided that we needed to take action! I am not one to go out of my way, infact I keep to myself and if someone talks to me then I'm feeling pretty good. We decided that we needed to get our neighborhood together and have a game night!! So....I invited the entire Relief Society/neighborhood over on Wednesday to have a girls night and play games and eat treats! I was a little nervous because I didn't know if anyone would respond. It was seriously like Christmas moning for me when I saw all the people that wanted to come!! I love that the "older" ladies and the younger ones too are coming. I remember my mom saying once that in Relief Society she has grown to love the "older" women of her ward. They have a young heart in an old body. I kind of want that. I go back to my mom's ward and all my old young women leaders always wave and say hi and it feels like home. I want my new ward to be that way. So I decided to have a game night. I think it is a pretty selfish reason to have everyone over, but maybe if I can be on a personal level with some of them, it won't feel like I just moved in. I'm actually really excited about it. If you know of any great group games, let me know. Hopefully it won't be a flop!!

No comments: