This week for Avery's birthday has been incredibly busy with all of my extended family functions going on. We have had three weddings this week so it's been a little crazy to say the least. Because Avery's birthday fell on a Wednesday this year, and Jake is supposed to be studying for his CPA exam, we decided to celebrate the big day on Sunday. We had friends and family over for a BBQ of hamburgers and hot dogs, and cake and ice cream. I wanted to make Avery's cake this year. I think I get my craftiness from my mom (she is VERY crafty!!) and 9 times out of 10 I look at something and just figure I could probably make it instead of buying it. It may not turn out amazing, but at least I could have the experience. I loved getting ready for Avery's big day this year. I kind of think it's my big day too! I feel like it's the one thing that her and I share, that no one else does. So....I attempted making her a cake out of fondant! It actually turned out pretty cute! I must say it wasn't perfect by all means, but it was so fun to make! I felt like I was scrapbooking with food!! Anyway, we were going to have the little kids swim, but unfortunately the weather was horrible so we had to stay in. It turned out to be okay, although my nephew Johnny really, really wanted to swim. He will have to come out another day.
Thanks everyone for coming and celebrating and for all the nice gifts!! She definitely didn't go without this year!!
5 comments:
Wow! I cant believe Avery is 2 yrs old. She is such a doll. And your cake turned out fabulous!! I considered taking a fondant class once, but never ended up doing it. Maybe i'll just have you teach me how (since you seem to teach me everything...coupons included). haha
Happy Birthday Avery Dear! I am glad that she had a great day! Oh and by the way...Your cake looks great my good friend! Way to go! Love ya girlie!
Happy Birthday Avery! I can't believe it's been 2 years already. Looks like Avery had a great birthday. Your cake looks fantastic...are you taking orders?! Were there any gifts that she got that were perfect for a little 2 yr old girl? We're struggling with ideas right now. We would love any suggestions! Ps I love the fish idea. She is SO cute with it!
She's 2 already?! Holy cow, I'm missing all of it. She is beautiful, and your cake was beautiful too- now I want to try making fondant. Love the fishy!
Avery is so cute!! I can't believe she is 2 already! I am so impressed with your cake making skills... Next time I need a cake, I'm calling you! :)
Post a Comment