Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ohio

Last week, Jake's brother Josh moved out to Ohio. He rented a Uhal and all three of us piled in. We were going to drive one day, find a hotel and then pick up where we left off from the next day. But the boys decided just to drive straight through! Let me tell you, the middle seat of a uhal is NOT comfortable!! You should have seen my ankles! They were huge! It actually wasn't that bad and having all the driving in one day felt a little better when we got there. We only had one minor issue and that was when we were in Indiana, we had to take a side street which was very narrow. Jake being the impatient driver that he is, was trying to go around a mini van and accidentally hit the mirror on a telephone pole! Seriously! He is having a bad month! (Luckily we didn't have to pay anything to fix it, since Josh had the insurance).

Anyway, we made it to Ohio and helped Josh move in. That Saturday was the U of U versus Notre Dame football game. We had to drive another 4 hours back to Indiana, so we left at 6 am that morning. It was a lousy game, but it was actually really fun to go see Notre Dame. There stadium is HUGE! And they are so tradition oriented! I think here in Utah we have such this perception that we need to be overly cautious and safety first, that we forget to have fun. These people know how to have fun! (In a good way). We went through the church and listened to the bag pipers play. (ever since going to Scotland, I love bag pipes! Love em!!) We also watched the team walk down the sidewalk while everyone cheered! It really was worth going. I don't know that we will every go back, not that we really need to, but having that experience was very fun.

"Football Jesus"
The field

This really cool water fountain on campus

The church


The "Player Walk"

The infamous Dome




The game totally sucked, it rained and it was cold. We were going to stay at a hotel that night too, but decided to drive back to Ohio. We made it home by 10 pm and all three of us crashed. Driving takes a toll on you! (and riding in the back seat puts me to sleep!)  We flew home Monday night and I couldn't wait to see my cute Avery. She had stayed with Jake's parents in Idaho and I missed her like crazy. Jake and I were both anxious to see her. As we were coming down the escalator at the airport, she started running towards us yelling "MY DADDY!!!" It was really cute! Five days was a long time, the longest I've been away from her. We are glued at the hip and do everything together. It was good to come home. When we got home, Avery was so wired she was bouncing off the walls. She wanted to dance (shocker) so she and Jake were dancing. She probably danced for an hour. She laughed and shook her booty. I really wished I could get it on tape, but as soon as I try to video her, she stops, so I just sat and enjoyed the moment. It really was a moment of heaven for me to watch Jake hold her and dance with her. It was a very tender moment, I almost started to cry!!

1 comment:

RyanandHailee said...

How Fun! So cute bout Avery! Wow she is so dang adorable! That is dang cute about the dancing!