Tuesday, May 31, 2011

8 weeks

Time goes by way too fast. Rylee is already 8 weeks and I can't believe it. She is smiling and cooing all the time. I love when she smiles because her whole face smiles. She is such a sweet baby. We moved her into her crib this week and it's been okay. She wakes up usually only once a night and then around 5 or 6 in the morning. Hopefully we can get her to sleep through the night. 
Avery has been having a rough time adjusting. She loves her but is definitely two. She is really whiney and cries at a drop of a hat. She always wants me to hold her and I can't leave her alone with Ry. The other day she bit her on the hand. I heard this scream of pain and came running in to see a tooth mark on my babies hand. I asked Avery what happened and she said "I said I was sorry mom". I know she doesn't mean to be mean, but I really can't leave them alone together. Avery was jumping on the bed and grabbed Rylee's arm and was jumping with her arm. Then I was cleaning a friends house and over looked the loft to see Avery sitting on Rylee in her carseat. What am I going to do!! Avery tells her that she loves her and kisses her and wants to be nice to her, I just think she doesn't know how to react to her life being invaded. Part of the reason I think, is that she is always tired. Avery has always had a hard time sleeping. I called the doctor and am now going to try to give Avery Melatonin to see if we can help her calm down enough to go to sleep. I feel like we have done everything possible to help her. I just want her to be a happy kid and not feel like she has to be tired all the time! Jake isn't really all about drugging our kid, but it's non-addicting and only helps her fall asleep. I think he could use it sometimes!! ;) Avery and Jake are so alike when it comes to sleep! 


I love her hair! It stands straight up!!

Two baby burritos! Avery wanted me to wrap her up in her blanket like I did Ry, only Avery is slightly too big for her blanket!

My sweet baby and her daddy's finger!

2 comments:

Becker Family said...

I love the baby burritos! I love your babies! They are so stinkin cute! I could just squish Avery and I'm sure I'll be squishing Rylee too very soon!

Melissa said...

So cute! Love the dance pics. Such cute girls.