Friday, June 6, 2014

St. George

Ever feel like you need a break?! I feel like that a lot lately. Beckee, Jaymie, Melissa and I all went down to St. George over the weekend. When we were little, my grandma used to take us older girls down to St. George and it has been a great memory. We were needing a little trip down memory lane and so we decided to all go down. We wanted my grandma to come, but she was so worried about her cat, Whiskers, she stayed home...I know...we kind of laughed about that one! Can I just say, it was SOOOO nice. We stayed Friday until Tuesday. Ever have vacations that are just too short? Almost like it wasn't worth it? This one was long enough to enjoy it. We did A LOT of eating! We went and saw "The Fault in Our Stars"...which we all bawled. We went and saw "Little Mermaid" at Tuacahn. We shopped. We ate. We ate some more. We laughed until we cried. We went to the Temple. We went to Sacrament (and could actually listen to the speaker...weird).  We swam.  And honestly just relaxed. Oh how I needed it. Everyone survived at home...I may need to do it again next year :).
A little Cafe Rio mmmm...

At the movie "The Fault in Our Stars"
Getting ready for the big splash!
On our way to church!



People watching!
Ok...I LOVE to people watch. I try to imagine putting myself in their shoes and wondering what they are thinking! Well, we sat across from these stinkin' cute old ladies. It was so funny! We loved them! We couldn't hear what they were saying but we were imagining it was us in 60 years. Jaymie said 30 years, but they looked a little older than in their 60's! Come to find out, the far left one is my Aunt Thoma Lee's aunt Dorothy! I guess she is 94! I love that! I hope that when I am 94, I am not too worried about my cat and I can go out with my girls and go see fun things! It was pretty warm...over 100 degrees and they were wearing turtle necks and sweaters! We were cracking up! So cute!

Selfies....waiting for the show to start!
At the Temple....it was so nice to be able to go and enjoy it. It's been a while since I've done a session.
On our way home...we look happy to be leaving...but looks can be deceiving!!! ;) (ok, we missed our families a little!)

No comments: