“No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you, with an infinite love.”
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Hospital bag....
So, this is probably totally lame, but I was reading a blog about a chica that just had a baby and she wasn't sure what to bring in her bag to the hospital!! Um...that is pretty much me! and I probably should be getting that together since I am down to the last couple of weeks! I don't know what to expect or what I do or don't need! I have heard slippers, a robe, and toilletries are a must! So any of you that have some great advice for me, let me know!!! Oh, and a good pediatrician....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Annalee! I am so excited for you! OK...so I was a little over prepared with my hospital bag and ended up not using most of it but one suggestion I would give is snacks for the hubby! The hospital brings you this nice big meal and NOTHING for the hubby...he is on his own. And, depending on how long until baby makes her big appearance, he may need something to keep him energized. Yes, it might be mean for him to eat a snack in front of you when you can't, but I'd rather have a happy, helpful husband by my side than a grumpy, hungry one!
Hi! I've been meaning to call you! I'm so excited that your little girl is almost here. We loved our pediatrician in Draper, Dr. Pete Moskowitz, at ABC Pediatrics. Wish we didn't have to leave him.... As for the bag, I am a list maker, so I'll share my list with you that I wrote in my birthing class book:
camera/video
pillows
hair ties/clips
chapstick
lotion/massage ball
gum
music-(relaxing during labor)
clothes to go home in (mom, dad & baby)
baby blanket
nursing bra (if you are breastfeeding)
pj's
toiletries
snacks
baby book (if you want footprints in it)
things to pass the time (just in case you are waiting around! like cards, books, videos)
cell phone charger
and don't forget to bring your carseat :)
I miss you lots and wish I were there with you at this exciting time. Love Ya!
Okay! So I always seem to forget something when I go to the hospital, but it looks like Amy covered just about everything that you could possibly need. The one thing I would tell you that the hospital doesn't have are nursing pads. Most women don't have a problem with the milk going out of control in the hospital, but I did both times. Just a tip. I can't wait until cute little Punky comes peeking out so we can see how beatiful she is.
I am an idiot and totally spaced your shower! Somehow I put the invitation behind another one and I guess I missed it.. Either way there is no excuse- I just wanted to wish you luck and tell ya that a present will still be coming your way.
i can't say from experience but i hears good socks are a must have. good luck, we are excited for you!
Annalee,
We are so excited for you! We can't wait to meet our new little cousin! Before you know it she will be here! We love you!
-get a good nursing bra that like snaps down so you dont have to be nudey all the time. You can discretely snap down the little flap and aren't hanging out everywhere. THey have great ones at target and they also have nursing tank tops which I loved. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment