Friday, August 22, 2008

Avery Update

Avery
So another week has gone by and it is crazy to think that I am a mom. It is so fun to be home with this little miracle. She is so beautiful and so stinkin' cute. I think the hardest thing despite being sleep deprived, is breastfeeding. No one ever tells you how hard feeding is. I'm trying to have a good attitude about it, but I don't love it. Maybe I am not patient enough, but seriously it takes FOREVER for her to eat!!! Jake had quite the eye opener the other day when all three of us went to pick up a mattress! Needless to say, it took five hours! Jake was a little frustrated that it had taken him, or should I say us, that long. Our lives have definitely changed. It isn't all about just taking off and going anymore. I told my dad that I now realize or understand why we were always the last ones to arrive anywhere! Seriously, it takes so long just to leave the house! and I only have one!! He just laughed. Life is so good right now and I love having this angel in our family. It is amazing the bond that you create as a mom with your baby. I don't think dad's get that same oppurtunity. I am pretty blessed.

Don't you think the back of her head is so cute!!

13 comments:

Annie said...

wow, Avery looks soooo much like jake!! she is so adorable. Ya, breast feeding totally sucks. I quit after 3 months so don't let anyone make you feel guilty if you really dont like it and dont want to continue for months and months and months. anyway, good luck with it and I really do hope that it gets easier for you. I would love to come and see her!

Shantelle said...

Avery is so adorable! And we agree about it taking much longer to get out of the house. Good luck with the breastfeeding. It took a while to get it down with Brayden, but the good news is with the second it has been a piece of cake. So hang in there! I love the first picture of her smiling. So cute!

Teej and Jenn said...

I think you are right about Avery looking like Jake. These pictures prove that it is Jake's child as well. She is so cute. Taylor thinks that Avery is her little sweetheart.

Becky Johnson said...

She is ABSOLUTELY beautiful!! I cant believe I havent had a chance to see her yet. I suck!! I seriously hope my baby is as pretty as she is. If I have a boy, she HAS to be his baby girlfriend ok? hehe.

RyanandHailee said...

She is adorable really! I am sorry nursing is a struggle! I really loved it but it is just not for some people so don't stress! Love the pics!

Melissa said...

She is so cute! Everything does take longer once you throw a kid into the mix, but it does get easier! You'll get the hang of it. You are such a cute little mom! Love ya. We need to have a girls' night!!

Tyler and Kortni said...

seriously, Avery is so freaking cute! the pictures of her are cute, but I do have to say they really don't do justice for how beautiful she really is. Congrats! She'a a keeper!

Chelsea said...

Wow, I agree with everyone, she does look like Jake!
She is so cute Annalee. I cant wait to come see her. Let me know when you are free and I will come bring you lunch and chat.

Becker Family said...

Avery is so dang cute! I love those pictures of her! She is such a sweet little thing... I'm excited for pictures tomorrow. Love ya!

Amy Dayton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Dayton said...

Hey! Just wanted to let you know I tagged you on my blog...if you want to. Hope you and your cute fam are going well, and I hope feeding your little one has gotten easier! Love ya lots :)

Jamie said...

Avery is such a beautiful baby! I love all of that hair, and her cute little expressions. Hang in there with the breastfeeding. I promise it gets easier and a lot faster. What a cutie!

Jenny Young said...

She is a dolly. Definitely looks like her daddy. Hope all is well. love the japanese cousins . . .