Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Festival of Trees

This year we went to the Festival of Trees. I haven't been in a really long time and it was fun to go with Beckee and her kids, and Jaymie. I love spending time with them. It is interesting to me the different feelings I had when I left. I left a little somber this year. Working up at Primary Children's has definitely given me a different perspective on life. And to fully understand that a huge event like Festival of Trees is so needed for a non profit organization. Primary's hasn't turned one child away from care since they opened. That is incredible to me. Not that they haven't turned anyone away, but the fact that there are so many donations. People are very generous and it doesn't go without notice. These little families need the care for their child so despirately and some just don't have the funds to pay for it. I have seen those dollars hard at work. It is pretty incredible.
We were reading some of the stories on the back of the plaques to read more about why the tree was done and some of them were patients up at Primary's. It is pretty amazing that people can go through such a rough time in life and still think twice about giving back. I don't know why this year was so different for me. I have been a million other times. Maybe it's because I have a daughter of my own and hope that I never have to use those funds, I don't know, but I have gained a better appreciation about the act of giving. What a great way to help those in need. I am truely blessed.
I love the Christmas season. It is so fun to have Avery even though she has no idea. The holidays are so fun with her.

1 comment:

The Lunts said...

ahhh I love festival of trees! I am so sad I missed it this year!