Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Something other than Avery!!


So, I feel like this blog should be titled Avery's blog because that is pretty much all I talk about!! Don't get me wrong, she is fun to show off and to brag about but there are other people in my family too!!

Jake is going to school to get his Master's and will finish up in about 9 weeks. I can't believe it!! I'm sure he can't either. He is so ready to be done with school, although I am a little worried about how I am going to keep him busy ALL the time. He constantly needs something to do, and as much as he dislikes school, it keeps his mind busy. I will be glad when he can just come home after work and we can spend time outside as a family. I am so ready to be able to go for walks and not walk in water or snow!! I am so proud of Jake and couldn't ask for a better husband.

This last weekend my family all went up to Bear Lake. It is a tradition that we always go up over President's weekend. It is kind of nice that there really isn't anyone up there and that we could just relax. It is complete opposite than the summer, that is for sure! We had so much fun. It was soooo nice to get away even if it was just a few days. I have to admit that Jake is such a huge help. I watch other husbands and really just appreciate the help that Jake gives me. I know we only have one kid, but he is always thinking of me and making sure that I can "be on vacation" too. I truly appreciate him changing, feeding, bathing, rocking, and anything else that Avery requires. I am truly blessed to have such an amazing husband. He is so fun to be around and to laugh with. He is my best friend. I just love him so much!!

Here are a few pictures from the weekend.
For Valentine's Day, my mom gave us some beads and we all made jewerly, it was really fun! Thanks mom!!



We Snowmobiled......
Aub and Ang
Sam thinking he is way cool!!
Johnny in his "snowbiling" glasses!!Jake's friends were also up at Bear Lake, so we just HAD to stop by and say hi!! It was good to hang out with the Carlsons. Hopefully they didn't feel like we totally intruded on their party!!!

3 comments:

Shantelle said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Congrats to Jake for getting his Masters. That's awesome. I still can't believe how much hair Avery has. Brooklyn is still a baldy. Hopefully summer gets here quick so we can come over and go for a walk with you guys!

Becker Family said...

Love the picture of the breakfast crew! Ha Ha Tell Jake I appreciated all his help too! I'm sure he was glad to be home and only have take care of one child instead of 4!

Becker Family said...

PS
Love the new look of your blog!