Wednesday, May 25, 2011

7 weeks and counting

Really? My Ry is almost 2 months already! I can't even believe it! She started smiling back at me last week and I LOVE this age and watching the development. It is seriously amazing to me. She is such a sweet baby. I can't get enough of her. She LOVES being held which makes it hard to get anything done! I love to hold her though. She is gaining weight and is starting to chub up a little.

At this age with Avery, she was in her own room, in her crib, but I can't seem to put Rylee in there. Ever since we had the incident of her not breathing and almost having to call 911 (literally), I'm a little nervous. She is a spitter-upper and I just can't get myself to do it. I'm sure we would all sleep a ton better if I did, but maybe in a few weeks.

I'm exhausted as I knew I would be. Avery tries my patience and is definitely a 2 year old. She tries to get attention and whether it's good or bad, she gets it. Yesterday was a rough day. I took both of them to get their pictures taken and let me tell you, what a chore! Avery normally stays by me and doesn't run around when we go places. Not yesterday. She was EVERYWHERE! climbing and dancing and just being her cute self! Although it was making it hard to take Rylee's pictures. Hopefully they turned out cute, which I'm sure they did. How could they not with such cute girls!?!

The sleeping issues we are having with Avery are still here. We bought her a $50 night light...I know right?! It's a moon when she needs to go to bed and it turns into a sun when she can get up. I don't know that it is working or not. She still wakes up at weird hours and going to bed is interesting. I've tried not giving her a nap (which makes her really cranky during the day), I've tried her going to bed earlier, we've tried turning the TV off and reading before (trying to be calm before bed), I feel like I have tried everything! Jake is against locking her in her bedroom, but it is a game every night and it's getting very old. Her pediatrician told me to make some tickets for her to keep under her pillow and I still need to try this one, I just haven't had a chance to make them yet.

2 comments:

Maines said...

2 months already!?! it goes too fast. She is so stinkin cute. That Avery is pretty cute too!

Becker Family said...

Hope the sleeping gets better. It is sooo hard! Good thing that little two year old is so dang cute. Such cute cute girls! I love em!