Thursday, December 10, 2015

Dance recital

Avery and Rylee had their dance recital. It was a normal Thursday day, nothing too exciting. The girls were ecstatic to get all dolled up and ready for their "peeformance" (I can't tell Avery the correct way to say it!!).  Up until this point, I actually felt good. I was tired, but being eight months pregnant and three other little kiddos to take care of, nothing really seemed out of the ordinary. The day before I had cleaned the house and had told Jake that I was contracting one after another, only they just felt like Braxton Hicks, nothing too painful, but just thought I had over done it a little bit.

Avery and Ry both did so good at their dance recital!! There is something about being a parent and watching your child show off what they learned that makes your heart so happy. I was so proud of these two! The night became quite eventful after they both danced....I wanted to get a better video of the girls because our seats were in the very back of the auditorium at Herriman High School. Avery was up first. I waddled down to the front of the auditorium and kind of squatted in the isle. Needless to say, it was quite uncomfortable. After she was done, Rylee was up next. There were empty chairs where the dancers were going to sit, so I went and sat in the second row.

After Rylee had finished, I stood up to go back to my seat and I'm not even kidding, it was like the floods came! I thought at first that I was completely peeing my pants. But, every pregnant girl knows their bladder CAN'T hold THAT much water! I tried to hurry back to my family as fast as possible. I was so embarrassed! I started to laugh out loud at myself as I'm waddling back to the back. Either laugh or cry, right?! I told Jake in a panic that my water broke. And then even more panic set in! I'm not really sure what happened next...I think Jake gave Hayden to my parents and he frantically grabbed his stuff and ran to get the car. I waddled down the hallway (with video camera in hand, and passing several people on the way) out to the parking lot. I was trying not to make it a big deal as I passed Rylee in the hallway. I kissed her head and told her she did such a good job and that I had to leave. I have no idea if she knew what was going on! I'm sure I had panic written all over my face!

Of course, there was quite the snow storm rolling in and it was snowing/raining. There was a car parked at the front of the school, where I stopped to wait for Jake. I'm sure they were impressed with the amount of water down my jeans....my socks were soaked! I climbed into the car and Jake kept asking me..."are you sure you just didn't pee your pants?! Cause it smells like you did!!" I told him I wasn't sure, even though I was pretty sure it wasn't pee!!

I couldn't feel her move. I had thought that if your water broke, contractions were miserable and if there were contractions, I thought for sure I would feel her move. Well, I didn't. I didn't feel anything. I wasn't having any contractions. In fact, I hadn't had any today. Jaymie called and everyone was in panic mode and asking me if I was ok. I mean, I am four weeks early. I shouldn't even be having this baby yet. I started to cry. Anxiety was hitting me and I just needed to feel her move and she wasn't moving. Jake knew I needed to not talk to anyone, so he took my phone from me! Luckily, I was delivering at Riverton Hospital so we quickly drove to the ER.



I wanted to get more pictures...but I was obviously a little busy. 

Thank heavens my family was there. They took Hayden, Rylee and Avery. I guess it got a little crazy once we left. My parents stood up to help Jake and some people moved right in on their seats. All our stuff was all over the floor too, I'm not sure what they were thinking. Hayden was sure what was going on and was having a hard time being left. 

No comments: