Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sumertime fun!!


Kennecott Copper Mine

Last week Avery, my mom, and my cute friend Ashlee and her cute kids Karmindy and Kaleb, all went to Kennecott Copper Mine. I seriously felt like my dad would have been so proud!! He is TOTALLY into things of the history nature! ...and I'm sure if he could have seen me then, passing down the torch, he would have been thrilled!! :) It was free day, so why not take advantage of it and go see what it's like?! My dad took us there when we were really little and I it was everything I had remembered! We watched a 15 minute movie on how everything works. My mom had mentioned how there weren't as many people working, as before it looked like ants all over the hillside, and I think I can remember that as well. There were only a handful of those monster trucks! They are huge! It was fun to get out of the house and do something educational! Might as well enjoy the things around us huh?! Thanks mom for coming out with us even if it wasn't really what you wanted to do!!!! ;)

No comments: