Cute little Haley made her presence finally after a day of waiting! We are so excited that she is here! She is absolutely beautiful and is an angel from above. She was a tiny 6 lbs 6 oz and 19 inches long. I could just stare at her all day! She is so cute!
It was definitely a roller coaster of emotions. I woke up at 5:45 and it honestly felt like Christmas. My stomach was in knots and I couldn't sleep. I couldn't help but have anxiety for the day ahead. Jaymie went in at 7:30 and after a long day of waiting, the doctor decided that since her hand was above her little head, her little body wouldn't drop down into the birth canal. She was then taken in for a C-section. I honestly was so excited I really couldn't hold it in. My mom gave us a little prep talk before and told us to try to keep it down, but it WAS really hard. I wanted to shout from the roof and jump up and down and sing and dance and celebrate! Mark came walking out of the OR and we got to see a glimpse of her before she was taken to the nursery to be tested. Oh my goodness. I started to bawl, (I know...shocker right?!) I can't even describe how I felt. It truly was a miracle that this baby is here. It's funny how you think pregnancy should be this simple and easy thing to do, yet for some (for A LOT) people, it is the most challenging thing they will ever go through. I think seeing that cute little bundle gave me a new perspective on how precious life is, how it can be taken from us in an instant and how it really isn't us who is in charge. Giving birth is truly a miracle. Really. I don't think miracle is quite the right word. It is so much bigger than that.
It was such a glorious day! I'm so glad Jaymie and Mark have this new little life to celebrate!
It was a good day!
On, the flip side of things, I read on facebook that my cousin and his wife might find out this week if they can adopt. I don't know the details, but for someone to trust someone else with their baby's life is also truly a blessing. Adoption gives you the opportunity that you may or may not have otherwise. I'm so excited for them and can't wait to see their bundle of joy as well!! What a glorious day that will be. I'm keeping my toes and fingers crossed!!
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing. I sat and cried when I read on Facebook that she had her baby. I think us having our baby 1-2 weeks earlier had me looking at her experience from a different perspective. Jaymie was on my mind a lot leading up to having our baby and I'm so glad everything went well for them and that Haylee is here safely. I can't wait to see more pics!
Post a Comment